Friday 26 March 2010

'The Trouble With Tribbles' photoshoot with Cherryfox Fine Photography

After finishing the styling work on my Jackalope wig last week my friend, fellow burlesquer and photographer Cherryfox suggested we do a shoot before I attached the antlers, ears and other Jackalope-ish paraphernalia to it so that it could be used for a different look.

On Wendesday I had a day off to use up and my previously made plans didn’t happen so we ended up having a fun impromptu shoot at her home studio in Stoke-on-Trent. Cherryfox has been working on making some gorgeous hair accessories – lovely feathered birdies and rhinestone embellished butterflies, big and gaudy just the way I like them! So we went for a bright, drag queeny look with as many of these adorable little creatures as possible nestling amongst my gargantuan tresses.


Here’s a little teaser from the shoot - you can see the rest at: Cherryfox's Facebook


I could seriously get used to having that much hair – if only it was real! Hopefully, the next time you will see this wig it will be part of a finished Jackalope costume. I still have lots to do but it is coming along gradually.

Huge thanks and hugs to Cherryfox for the amazing pics and the loan of her lovely bird and butterfly creations, and a tip of the hat to my car Boris for getting me to and from Stoke in on piece despite my fairly punishing driving technique.
As Amanda Lepore says – ‘I don’t know much about clothes but my hair looks fierce’

‘Til next time
X
Emerald

2 comments:

  1. Oh em gee, where were those lashes from? They're fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyelashes were Cherryfox's but I think she got them from Candee Handful. I want to say they might have been startgazer ones... I will double check. x

    ReplyDelete